So I’m a Facebook junkie. It’s true: I love getting little updates on what my friends are doing and seeing the Friend Request box light up. You can find out all sorts of things – where people are living, who’s having a baby, who is friends with who (or not). Another thing I love (being the information junkie that I am) is seeing that my friends list a website, and then adding it to my feed reader (which folks are just finding out about feed readers: hello – where have you been? Best. Invention. Ever. Except for my son’s Soothing Crib Device thingy).
So a friend recently posted his website, and linked to me in regards to a meme. But at the end he says that I’m a “new friend”. I hope that means that I’m a new commenter on his blog because, HELLO: we were Youth Yearly Meeting junkies. And went to the same church. And the same youth group. And the same mission trips. And camps. And high school. And college. And he kinda almost dated my husband’s sister (I think: the story is a long, convoluted college summer extravaganza). I could go on, but I think you get the point, and I’m not one to beat a dead horse. Much. 😀
The meme rules are as follows:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123
3. Find the first 5 sentences
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people
Okay, so nearest books: “Feeding the Whole Family” and “Quick Fix Meals.” Did I mention my computer is by my stove?
So either you get
“2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil; 1 onion, chopped; 1 carrot, cut into large chunks” – for an easy vegetarian soup stock
“Serve these chops with Broccoli Puree with Parmesan (page 210) – start the side dish before making the chutney and everything will be ready at the same time. Place the ragout in a small saucepan and stir in the raisins, vinegar, brown sugar, and cumin. Set the pan over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and simmer until the mixture thickens and reduces to about 1 cup, 8 to 10 minutes” – for Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Tomato Chutney.
- Joel (whose wife should blog, but something about having three kids four and under)
- Jimmy (whose wife has a facebook but not a blog, and he has a blog but not a facebook – I guess that way all means of communication are covered)
- Marta (who hasn’t blogged in WAY too long but should have some good stuff post-Convergence)
- Jason (who is my professor; this is a means of checking out to see if he does trackbacks or reads my blog or both; and to see if he doesn’t mind being referred to by his “common” name, or if my participation grades will start to see a decrease :))
So, seeing as how I’m American and apparently buy into the idea that gross excess is only half enough, I must admit that I’ve been tagged to post this meme on my other blog. Which I will do. Tomorrow. When my brain isn’t fuzzy, or at least is Morning Fuzzy which is much more functional.